keskiviikko 30. marraskuuta 2011

#71: Baked Chili w/Cornbread Biscuit Topping



This dish turned out surprisingly tasty! I've wanted to try cocoa in a savory dish ever since I saw Chocolat.


So, I know that you could find cornmeal in the ethnic food stores here, but I wanted to use this old polenta I've had in the cubbard for way too long. So I just boiled the polenta and added some chili powder, olive oil and paprika powder. Also I wanted to use an opened tube of tomato paste, so I used that, some crushed tomatoes and one fresh cubed tomato.

After doing the polenta, the chili and getting everything into the baking dish I was very excited to learn that the big dish wouldn't fit into my microwave-size play oven. So.. I ended up baking the dish with the oven door a little open, because the temperature stayed enough high to cook it.. Oh dear!


Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti