maanantai 31. lokakuuta 2011

#55: Stuffed Cabbage Rolls

First glancing at this receipe I was rather annoyed. Steaming the cabbage? Nuts in the filling? Cabbage rolls in tomato sauce?! I don't think so!

There is really only one way of doing Cabbage rolls in Finland. Rolls are filled with soy protein (mince meat) and rice or barley. And The Rolls are glazed with dark suryp - broth -mixture and then baked for about 2 hours. And served with boiled potatoes and lingonberry jam. When writing this I thought this was a Russian way to make and eat Cabbage Rolls, but turns out it's a Swedish variation and it's done just in Finland, Denmark and Sweden. Live & learn.

Once I got over the whole messing-with-something-sacred -feeling, turned out I liked this dish. The garlic tomato sauce was delicious!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti