maanantai 3. lokakuuta 2011

One month down!




It's already been one month since me and a few others started The Vegan Culinary Institutes La Dolce Vegan challenge! Wow!

I guess most of us have had a bit of a rough time at least this past week, including myself. Looking at the schedule for October I remember that those two "free" weekends we've had were just to ease us into the challenge and won't be having much of those anymore! So I thought I would share my system and hope that maybe it could help my fellow contestents. And hopefully also others could share their ideas!

Thinking about the challenge in general I thought it would be better for me and my head to just cook. I think there has been maybe one or two days where I've done the receipe marked for that day. If I'd start to think about the schedule and time, I would get too stressed!

I've marked 1-2 weeks receipes (as seen in the picture) and I've first browsed through them every other day and picked a receipe (many days I've done 2-3 recipes per day and then had time to take days off) best for that day. And if I didn't feel like doing any of those recipes or I needed to do a certain kind of a dish or if I didn't have the right stuff to do any of those recipes, I would  just pick some receipe and do it. It feels more free! I also though instead of like buying cookies etc from the store, if I had time I would try to use a random receipe and make them myself.

Being a so-called professional in the food industry I would recommend trying to catch to birds in one stone. For and example boiling a bigger batch of beans or doing a little bigger batch of seitan and putting the rest to the freezer.



Then a few times a week I would empty the camera and later make drafts ready of every entry I had started and add pictures so they wouldn't get lost.

For the most part I've really enjoyed being part of the
challenge. I think it's nice that you have to do some receipes you normally wouldn't. Many of the receipes are also like culturally foreign to me so I think I'm learning a lot!

1 kommentti:

  1. that is actually a really good idea, at first I was going to try and stay on top of it all making sure I did each recipe on the day marked but really sometimes it's far easier to make a few at a time.

    Keep going!

    VastaaPoista